Rediscover Your Energy in Laguna Hills CA
Do you ever feel like something’s just not right? Your doctor gave you a clean bill of health, but you still feel tired, irritable and stressed out all the time. You might be suffering from hormonal imbalance, which is triggered by aging, pollutants, modified foods and synthetic estrogens in beauty products. Left untreated, hormonal imbalance can wreak havoc on your health.
Laguna Joint & Spine Center in Laguna Hills CA can help you identify what’s out of whack, and get you the help you need to get in balance.
Hormonal Testing & Assessment in Laguna Hills CA
Saliva testing is proving to be the most reliable medium for measuring hormone levels. It’s an easy and noninvasive way of assessing hormone status and balancing needs. Hormone levels in saliva accurately represent the amount of hormone delivered to receptors in the body, unlike serum which represents hormone levels that may or may not be delivered to receptors of the body. Clinically, it is far more relevant to test the amount of hormones delivered to the tissue receptors as this is a reflection of the active hormone levels of the body. Salivary hormone levels are expected to be much lower than serum levels, as only the unbound hormones are being measured.
Why Test Your Hormonal Level
Hormones are powerful molecules essential for maintaining physical and mental health. We frequently think of estrogen as being a female hormone, and testosterone as being a male hormone. But men AND women make both, plus several more that need to be in balance for optimum health. An imbalance of any one hormone can throw your physical and mental health out of balance, causing aggravating and even serious health problems.
For decades, western medicine has prescribed hormone replacement therapy as if everyone needed the same thing and the same amount. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your hormones are like your fingerprints and in order to achieve optimal health, you need to know what your specific imbalances are.
Who Should Be Tested?
Both men and women experience changes in hormone levels with age. Sometimes those changes result in unpleasant symptoms that demand attention. Often, the changes are subtle yet there is still an impact on overall health. Hormone testing should be considered for:
- Men and women over 40
- Cycling women experiencing PMS symptoms
- Peri- and post-menopausal women concerned with their estradiol and progesterone levels
- Those wishing to monitor hormone levels following replacement therapy (oral, sublingual, or topical), and subsequently regulate their supplement levels
- Anyone with symptoms involving fatigue, insomnia, stress, immunity problems, blood sugar problems, and excess weight should be tested for cortisol levels as well as “sex” hormones
Your Hormonal Solution is Here
Call and schedule your consultation today to learn more about:
- Salivary hormonal testing
- Bio-identical hormones and nutritional supplements tailored to fit your lifestyle needs
- Lifestyle considerations including a whole foods diet, exercise, relaxation and enjoyment
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 2:00pm
Saturday & Sunday